March 1, 2011

oxford university & camden market.

last wednesday we all took the coach to oxford university. it was such a fun day! we shopped around, saw christ's church-- (where some of harry potter was filmed, and where the hogwarts "great hall" from the movie is)-- got lunch at a little cafe-- (we ordered french onion soup, thinking it is just like it is at home... nope- it was orange & chunky and tasted so so gross)!! It was such a fun day... but i have to say- i think i liked cambridge more than i liked oxford!

[kins, me, liz, and ash in front of Alice in Wonderland's Shop]

[me & ash at Christ's Church]

[the great hall]


[the fake french open soup]

[no hands!]


[me, mike, kins]



friday morning, a few of us headed to camden market. i was expecting the market to have some fun shops and some tasty treats-- but i had no idea that it would be this big! the shops seemed like they were never ending and there was food and desserts all over! we were surrounded by chinese food-- and all of the people shoving fried chicken in our faces. haha "yew wa fri chi--kin? c'mon itz goo fur yew! i gi yew de bes deal. anyting yew wa fur 4 pound." itz goo fur yew!" (translation= you want fried chicken? c'mon it's good for you! i'll give you the best deal. anything you want for 4 pounds. it's good for you!) haha we couldn't stop laughing, but all of their pursuading worked, because we decided to get chinese food, and it was so so good! later, we got homemade doughnuts and found some fun souvenirs! it was for sure one of my favorite things that we have done here in London!


2 comments:

Kylee said...

Can I just tell you how proud I am of you! I know I have said this many times, but sooo proud :) my cast would be so jealous about you getting to see some of the set for HP. They are obsessed, for some reason I do not know. I never liked the movies! haha Anyways Ann I love you so much! Keep living your dreams, learn something new everyday and don't forget to laugh and smile "itz goo fur yew" :)

Katie said...

haha i am peeing about the chinese food thing - "itz goo fur yew" is too perfect of wording! and again, i will never stop wishing i could go to all of these harry potter places with you! ohhhh man. miss you! :(